Skip to main content

Seven Distinct Steps To Prayer (Find Out)!


The first step is Confession. Begin by acknowledging who God is. Abram called him, "the LORD, God Most High, the Possessor of heaven and earth" (Gen. 14:22). Begin by declaring the power of the Almighty. Elijah began his prayer on Mount Carmel, "LORD God of Abraham, Isaac,
and Israel" (1 Kings 18:36). If you want the fire to fall, begin by confessing who God is.

The next level of prayer is Supplication. Simply, "Let your request be made known to the Lord." Unfortunately, this is the step on which many people spend far too much
time. Their entire prayer life seems to be concentrated on needs, wants, and desires. Of course your personal problems are worthy of God's attention, but when you have shared them, it's not time to say "Amen." The best is yet to come.

The third step—and one that I dearly love—is Adoration. It should be a time of absolute beauty and worship. Loving Him. Adoring Him. It may begin with the words, "Jesus, I love you." Suddenly you feel the presence
of the Holy Spirit, and two hours later you look at your watch and say, "I can't believe the time has gone so fast."
It's so real, so alive.

Fourth, there is a time of Intimacy. It is almost too loving, too sacred, too beautiful to describe. There have been times when, deep in prayer, I felt as if someone was
standing there, rubbing my forehead. It was as if the Lord were saying to me, "Thank you. I'm so glad to be with you."
Remember, the Holy Spirit will never force Himself on you. He doesn't place demands and stipulations on your prayer life. But if you say, "Help me pray," He is ready to respond.
At times in my life my prayer at this level has continued for hours. But intimacy is not a place you can begin. Nor is it possible to rush through the early steps to arrive at this point.

The fifth level of prayer is Intercession. Jesus said the Spirit would reveal things to us, and that is what happened to me. When you invite the Spirit to help you pray, He does not focus on your selfish needs and wants. No! The focus is outward. He has placed the names and faces of people
before me that I had not thought of in years. And I interceded in prayer for them.
But don't believe that it is a period of joy and worship.
Just the opposite. The first time I moved into intercession I wasn't sure I wanted it. The communion left. The closeness
left. During these times I have felt pain and agony that is difficult to put into words. I have literally pounded the floor
with every ounce of my strength as I prayed for my family, for friends, for ministers—even for nations.
Let me warn you. It is impossible to move into intercession with a snap of the finger. It does not come instantly because it is a partnership with God that requires a
deep and intensely personal relationship.

You see, the Holy Spirit leads your prayer life step by step. With me, it did not
happen on the first day, or the second, or the third. It was at least six months before I was moving into the depths of prayer. Scripture teaches that if we are faithful with the little things, God will give us more. That's what He does.
He's the perfect Father. The perfect teacher.
But what happened next was worth the travail.

The sixth step in prayer is Thanksgiving. As Paul wrote, "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Cor. 15:57). I always spend time
giving thanks to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Finally, step seven in prayer is Praise. Sometimes I sing. Sometimes I speak in a Spirit language. But from the depths of my being I burst forth into total praise. It is the
purest form of prayer I've ever experienced.
You may ask, "Must I always include all seven steps?" My answer is "Yes!" And here's what's so wonderful about the Spirit: If you allow Him to work through you in prayer, you'll discover that you are not
doing much of the praying. He seems to be doing it all.
Even in intercession, as painful as it is, the arms of the Spirit are lifting you up, giving instant refreshing when your praying is through.
Paul was right when he said, "Praying always with all
prayer and supplication in the Spirit" (Eph. 6:18). He knew there was more than one kind of prayer.

You will experience the Supernatural manifold of God's blesses and glory as you stick to these step by step prayer life.

Never be in a haste to leave His Presence.

God Bless You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are The Effulgence of God's Glory!

Jesus Christ Is the Effulgence of God's Glory , Jesus Christ is the out shinning of God's Glory!  Jesus Christ is the expression of God's Glory.  Looking into mirror the Glory of God , When, you look into the mirror of God , which is the word of God, you are changed. You become what the word talks about- the Glory of God!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER

He has commanded us to love one another (2John 1:5-6) The essence and nature of God is love. It is in loving Him that we are like Him.

He Wants You Vibrant And Strong

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (3 John 1:2). One of the ways to improve your health is making sure you have good enough rest for your physical body, and good sleep has a role to play in this. It’s recommended to sleep for a certain number of hours every day. Although some people say, "There’re days that I sleep throughout; and then other days, I just stayed awake." That isn’t a normal lifestyle. If you’re that way, always cutting back on sleep, then you’ve got to reorder your lifestyle. You’re not supposed to go on for several days without sleep, hoping to make up by sleeping eventually for twenty-four hours. That’s not going to work. Over time, chronic insomnia could drastically affect your health. God made day and night on purpose. Night has a cooling effect on the natural body. The biological effect of night is to cause you to sleep, to create the instincts of sleep, yet some people will still